1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2018 2:33 PM by ryoboyle

Decreasing processing times in unknowns analysis software B.8.0.598.0

lgc-njp

Hello,

We have just started using unknowns analysis to identify and provide library hits for unknown peaks from our ~60 min single quad GC-MS method.

We would like to build a dedicated processing PC to speed up the sample interrogation however I don't know if the application fully scales up well with core count (we're currently using quad core systems) or if the application can utilize GPU's.

If anyone has had experience/information on this software with systems that utilize high core count/GPUs, please could you comment on whether you saw significant increases in processing speed.

Kind regards,

Nathanael

• Re: Decreasing processing times in unknowns analysis software B.8.0.598.0
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I am not quite sure how the software performance will scale. The minimum hardware requirements that we recommend for MassHunter software are below:

• HP Z440 w/ Intel Xeon E5- 1620v3 (3.50 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)

• 16 GB of DDR4- 2133 Registered ECC RAM

• 500 GB of available HDD space

I am not sure if the software was ever tested in a hardware configuration similar to what you are inquiring about, but hopefully another user will be able to shed some light if it has.