4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2018 10:17 AM by chrismonahan

Customizing Reports

chrismonahan

Good afternoon. We have had the Agilent Series 7800 ICP-MS, with MassHunter 4.4, installed for several months. As I have grown more familiar with the system, I would like to customize my reports. I am trying to edit a report to reflect the System Suitability, in accordance with the USP. The new report designer is not Excel based. It looks like I would need to write a computer code, to compare the standard to the suitability run. It would be (Measured Concentration / Calibration Point) * 100 = 80.0% - 120.0% .  Any information or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!

• Re: Customizing Reports
          gchaplain

There is a program installed with Masshunter called Report Builder. It's based on Python language I believe when editting a report.

However, masshunter does that for you. Or should do. I'm not experienced with teh ICP side of things but you are looking for a CC in your sequence rather than sample, then in MassHunter quant change the outlier setup to the 80%-120% then it will also flag it. After this a report should be easy, you would not even have to customize it as one should be avaiable:

chrismonahan

Thank you for your response. You are correct about the Python coding,to edit a report function.  Unfortunately, to do a System Suitability check, in accordance with the USP, I would need to write code for it.  I need to compare a standard ran at the beginning, to a standard ran at the end of the run. Also, if that is a screen grab of your Report Builder software, we have VERY different builders. I have little to no options to manipulate the report. That is, other than select/deselect and placement of what is provided. I will continue to plug away at this and let everyone know how it goes. Again, thank you for your time and have a great day!

mabalski

Hello,

on the ICP-MS MassHunter, you find the report under Offline Data Analysis program. Select a random sample so that the report designer has some data to work with and open the designer:

In the designer, first open a template with File -> Open -> (sub-folder "en") and choose FQ_Spectrum.analysis.acrt or even USP232_ICHQ3D.analysis.acrt.

First thing to do is to save the design under a new name so you don't corrupt the templates accidentially.

Then you can add data fields on the left hand side of the screen and push them around in the middle screen. A preview is seen on the right side. With right click on the tables and click on custom properties, you can add or remove columns. The designer is field function based, so you add a field function like "Sample Name" which gets its actual data from the respective batch and raw data.

chrismonahan

Thank you for your response. I am able to "edit" the report, by selecting what data  fields I would like. But I would also like to compare them as well. Such as, a System Suitability check. I would want to compare a standard at the being of a run, to the same standard at the end of the run. This is the edit I am looking for. On a few posts, it looks as if the Report Builder software is Excel based. I guess that would be more beneficial to what I am trying to do. Again, thank you for your time and have a great day!