5 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2018 6:36 AM by ryoboyle

PDF report display

geomicrobiology

In OpenLab, we have it set up so that at the end of a run a PDF report is generated and displayed on screen.

We used to be able to move the PDF outside of the OpenLab window, which made it easier to record the results, and we could scroll between pages. Now, the PDF is stuck inside the window and if you try to move it part of the PDF disappears, and you can no longer scroll to see the second page - you have to click on Page 2.

I'm assuming this has a simple one-click solution (that someone has accidentally pressed) as we haven't changed settings or drivers, so can someone suggest how we get back to the previous style of PDF report?

Thanks.

OpenLab CDS, ChemStation edition, C.01.07.SR2

• Re: PDF report display
          apcharles

Hello geomicrobology,

Is your report destination only to a "file" in PDF format or does include "screen" and/or "printer"? You can find this information in the report menu, then 'specify report'

ryoboyle

Hello,

I just added tags to this post to increase visibility.

Do you have Adobe Reader installed, or were recent updates made to your Adobe Reader? The only way that I have been able to reproduce the problem you are describing is by uninstalling Adobe Reader from my OpenLAB ChemStation workstation. The recommended Adobe Reader version for OpenLAB ChemStation C.01.07 is 11.0.10.

ryoboyle

Hello,

I just wanted to follow-up with you to see if either of the previous replies helped to resolve your problem. Please let us know if you require any further assistance and we would be happy to continue working with you. If the issue is resolved, it would be appreciated if you could mark one of the existing replies as a Correct Answer or return and share the resolution in another reply which can then be marked as the Correct Answer.

geomicrobiology

The report goes to both Screen and File, but not printer.

We have Acrobat Reader DC 18.011.20038, so it's the most recent version, but it was last updated on the 12th Feb (before the PDF issue started).

However, we had a powercut while the OpenLab programme was running last week, and on reopening it today the problem is solved - PDFs now open outside the main window and can be scrolled. No idea why...presumably some setting has gone back to its default. Thanks for trying to help though!

ryoboyle

Interesting, thank you for the update! It is tough to say with the limited information what might have been the root cause of this printing problem. My first guess would be that maybe the Print Spooler service had stopped in Windows.

I am going to go ahead and mark your reply as the Correct Answer. Please let us know if you start experiencing the same issue again.