4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2018 2:59 PM by ryoboyle

can i edit the report.xml file by using report builder

nkmesong

it seems the report builder can only edit the template.xml file?

i want to change some template based on the report.xml files, how can i do?

thanks for any advises!

the version is 9.0

• Re: can i edit the report.xml file by using report builder
          ryoboyle

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

You are correct, the MassHunter Quant Report Builder can only edit *.template.xml report files. If you want to make edits to a *.report.xml file, you will need to make the edits directly to the Python code files the *.report.xml file is referencing. These files should be found at the following path on the drive MassHunter is installed on: \MassHunter\Report Templates\Quant\PDF-Reporting\Codes.

nkmesong

Python code is a mission impossible to me~~~so I need to edit the template.xml file.

I have a report template like below:

how can i overlap all of the chromatograms like below?

or I just need the Scan and SIM chromatograms show side by side.

I used the "Gen_Samples_ESTD.template.xml" as the template. and i noticed there were two sample chromatograms which have different parameters? what dose the second one use for? i found if i deleted the second one it changed nothing?is it for non-MS signal?

Is there a use manual for the <report builder> with more details than Help file in it? Thanks very much!

ryoboyle

Unfortunately, I personally am not familiar enough with the new Report Builder to lend any assistance in this matter.

If you have not already watched them, there are some tutorial videos provided with the Quant Supplemental materials that might be helpful. If the Supplemental materials were installed, you can find the videos at the following path on the drive MassHunter was installed on: \MassHunter\Videos\Quant\.

Custom report templates can also be requested as an on demand service. You can request this service by contacting your local Agilent branch: Contact Us | Agilent .

ryoboyle

As there has not been any recent activity on this post I have marked it as "Assumed Answered".

If you still need any help, please let us know and we can continue troubleshooting.