3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 6:37 AM by ryoboyle

Intelligent report - how to change template to show only one component

gabi

We are working with OpenLab EzChrom A.04.05 and we are trying to change the intelligent report template "Sequence Summary report short" . In the templates calibration statistic every compound named in the method is coming up. We only need one specific compound, all others are for system suitability reasons only added.

Under compound-property-value the following is entered:     First (Compound_Name)

Can this syntax be changes so that only one specific compound is getting listed?

• Re: Intelligent report - how to change template to show only one component
          ryoboyle

Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

In order to limit the compounds that are reported by the Sequence Summary Short template, you would want to set up a filter for the Sample Statistics group. In order to access the group properties, right-click within the group, but make sure that you are not right-clicking on any of the tables/fields within the group. In the right-click action menu, then click on 'Properties':

In the Group Properties window, view the Filtering options. If you only want to report results for one specific compound, you can set up a filter based on that compound's name. For example, in the below screenshot I have set up a filter to only report results for Compounds with a name of "Methane":

Hopefully this helps.

1 person found this helpful
              gabi

Hi,

Thanks for that input. I followed your instructions and got that filter working.So now I have a calibration and sample summary table with the correct components.

In the sample summary I still need to sort a further issue. The sequence run contains Sys, unknown and cal run type. In the sample summary the unknown and sys run types show up. the current filter setting is as on the screen shot above minus the last line. I have tried adding a line with the following entry:

= Sample_DARunType     =          "Unknown"

the result was an empty page.....no summary at all! How can I solve this?

I also wonder where I can read up about this filter expressions so that I can start to understand what this all means, is there an Agilent manual, tutorial or anything similar for beginner level of intelligent reporting?

ryoboyle

Hello,

I am not quite sure I am following what type of filter you are trying to set up. Are you trying to filter based off of sample type, compound type, or peak type? If it is peak type, then there is an easy way to handle this in the table properties. You can pull up the table properties by right-clicking on the table (not the group like outlined in my previous reply) and going to Properties. In the 'Peaks and Repeating' section of the Table Properties window, you can select whether you want results displayed for Identified, Missing, and/or Unknown Peaks:

If that does not work for you, then you can set up a custom filter. There is a Report Template Editor Concepts guide you can use as a reference when creating an Intelligent Report: https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/usermanuals/public/RTEConceptsGuide.pdf

If you do want to set up a filter base on Sample or Compound type, then the appendix on Enumerations found on page 175 would be a good resource. This defines the values that you can use in your filters for these expressions. For example, below is the section on SampleType enumeration:

Hopefully this helps.

1 person found this helpful