10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 10:01 AM by okolade Branched from an earlier discussion.

Component Summary Only Includes One Injection

okolade

Thank you guys for the help! I was able to solve the issues above. I have another question if that is alright. I am attempting to create a component summary, however, my table is only including one injection. I have tried different table types and can't seem to format them in order to compare different samples. Would anyone have any tips on how to compare multiple injections or what my formatting error could be? I have included an image from a previous example and highlighted the result I am looking for (My table only shows one sample). Sorry if these are basic questions and thank you for your time!Example.jpg

• Re: Component Summary Only Includes One Injection
          ryoboyle

Are you sure the template that you are trying to use is a Sequence Summary Report template?

How are you printing these reports in ChemStation?

ryoboyle

This post was branched off from a previous thread: Response Factor 

okolade

I created my own Component Summary template and have tried using a variety of tables, including sequence related tables. Per customer request I am to create a component summary comparing multiple samples (Similar to the image attached). I have been trying to format a Compound Summary table, however, only one injection/sample appears in the report. How do I compare multiple samples?

Component Summary.jpg

valentinrusu

Since the layout you’re interested in replicating is so close to the existing Sequence Summary report template included with the software, your best bet is to actually use that template (save it as a new .RDL template) and then modify it by adding your desired columns (e.g., tailing factor). This is what I’d recommend instead of building your template entirely from scratch. 

okolade

Hello all,

Sorry for the low quality photo, but this is the result I am seeing when using the template included with the software. Still only one injection even though the sequence contains 6 injections. Could this issue be coming from the setup before the sample was taken? SS Report.jpg

valentinrusu

Hi okolade, what seems to be happening there is that one of your 6 injections was designated as a Calibration run. See the sequence table to confirm: Sequence > Sequence table. If that's true, the part of the report you're looking at and sharing here in the Community (your most recent example Calibration sample statistics) displays just that: the statistics for all the calibration runs, of which there likely was just one.

If you're trying to replicate the example in your first screenshot, the one in which 2 specifically named compounds are compared based on area and amount ratios, you can use the Compare Two Compounds elements in the Peaks and Compounds section of Report Items:

1 person found this helpful
                        valentinrusu

If an answer provided helped you fix the problem, please log back in to the Community and mark it as "Correct Answer."

wydnaa

I assume that you're using OpenLab Chemstation.

If you see only one line, It looks like you are only selecting one sample to report, or you've maybe selected a sequence summary report in the Specify Report window.

The easiest way is to work in the Review mode to preview and then save the report.  Make sure that you can see the sample table for the sequence that you're trying to report, select all of the samples, select the report template you want to use and refresh the report if necessary

Hope that this makes sense to you and solves your problem.

1 person found this helpful
                            valentinrusu

Great point! The desired workflow for obtaining a sequence summary report, whether using Intelligent or Classic Reporting, is to re-process the data set. The report will be generated at the end of the sequence reprocessing according to the report options set in the Sequence > Sequence Parameters, Sequence output tab.

Otherwise, if the sequence is already reprocessed with the desired settings or want to avoid reprocessing for some reason, you can use the view that wydnaa shows in the post above, Review. Here, you don't get the benefit of reprocessing, but you can select which samples you'd like to view a report for. In your case, if you want to see all the samples, highlight all of them as indicated above.

okolade

Thanks ,this was very helpful.