2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 5:45 AM by nrwilson

Chemstation Calibration Tables

nrwilson

Hi,

I'm having trouble with calibration tables disappearing between sequences using the same method, meaning that when it comes to analysing each sequence I have to re-enter all the calibration data.  I've gone through "Edit Entire Method"  when in online mode several times, and there doesn't appear to be any point at which the option to save a calibration to the method is offered.  Similarly when offline, there doesn't appear to be any way to just transfer calibration table from one sequence to another.

Any ideas what could be the issue here?

Any help here is much appreciated.  It may be that I'm overlooking something really obvious.

Cheers

• Re: Chemstation Calibration Tables
          ryoboyle

I added tags to this post to make it more visible.

Can you verify whether or not you are using OpenLAB CDS ChemStation software? If so, what revision of are you using?

I suspect that you are only saving the calibration table to you sequence method and not updating your master method with these data analysis changes.

When you run a sequence in OpenLAB ChemStation with the default preferences, the software will make a copy of the Acquisition or "Master" method (located in your methods path) and will save it with your result set data (in the data path). This copy of the method, referred to as the Sequence Method, is then used to (re)process your data. To confirm whether you have the Sequence Method or the Master Method loaded in Data Analysis, you can check to see whether the word "sequence" or "Master" appears after you method name in parentheses where it is listed at the top of the application, as shown below:

If you do make/save changes to the Sequence Method that you wish to apply to data you are going to acquire with you Master Method in the future, then you will need to update you Master Method with these changes. You can do this by going to Method>Update Master Method, as shown below:

Hopefully this helps.