2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 12:42 PM by ryoboyle

incorrect test profile

cwevenson

While on one of our client sites on Monday we had found that while doing a test to determine available ethanol in a sample of mash the client's HPLC system recognized the sample but choose the wrong sample method and thus returned the wrong values.  The client is using a HPLC 1100 to perform the tests and loads up 6 samples to be tested.  The incorrect analysis selection does not happen all the time but is happening.  The software has two methods saved but the client rarely ever uses the extra method.  Is there possibly a patch required in the software which could explain why the system has one method selected but uses the other?  I do not know the patch level which the client has employed on in their software. I do however know the sampling computer is not backed up, and the operating system is not current.

• Re: incorrect test profile
          ryoboyle

To answer your question on whether there are any patches for your clients' software we will need to know two things:

1. What software product your client is using to acquire/analyze their data (e.g. OpenLAB CDS ChemStation, OpenLAB CDS EZChrom, MassHunter, etc...)
          2. What revision of software they are using.
            • Re: incorrect test profile
              ryoboyle

I just wanted to follow-up to see if you still needed help with this issue. Please let us know and we would be happy to continue working with you. As I mentioned in my previous reply, we will need to know what software product and revision of software your client is using before we can begin troubleshooting.