5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 6:48 AM by ryoboyle

Can i add calculations in the Intelligent Reporting?

hplcuser

I would like to calculate a percentage value with the compound amount i receive in my Report. It would be great if it is possible to get a extra column where the Programm uses the compound amount from the Analysis to calculate the percentage to a fixed setpoint. I tried to implement the function =("97,4"/="compound_amount")*"100" and it does not tell me Syntax error anymore but in the Report in this column is still Standing #Error. Is it at all possible, is something missing/or to much in the formula? Thanks a lot in advance!

• Re: Can i add calculations in the Intelligent Reporting?
          ryoboyle

It is definitely possible to use the compound amount value in another column's calculation.

To add a custom column to an existing table on an IR, you need to first right-click on the table and go to Properties. Then move a custom field over into the table to add it as a column as shown below. You would then select the new column and click on the Column Properties button.

You can then edit the expression for the column in the Value section of the Column Properties. Below is a screenshot showing what I believe to be the calculation you want to perform on your report from the info you provided:

Once you apply these changes to the table it should now show a new column for your percent calculation. I did not run into any syntax errors on my system with the expression =(97.4/Compound_Amount)*100.

Hopefully this helps.

Also, I added tags to this thread to make it easier to find.

2 people found this helpful
            shaneo

The answer above is the correct way to implement the answer. The problem with your initial function  =("97,4"/="compound_amount")*"100", is that you were quoting the values. That is to say "97.4" is classified as TEXT whereas 97.4 is a numerical value. Also you do not need to add another = sign when using internal values from the result, like compound_amount.

So it is easy to compare, here are the two equations:-

=("97,4"/="compound_amount")*"100"          Values treated as text as in " " quotes

=(97.4/Compound_Amount)*100                   Values treated as numerical values

The capitalization of compound_amount is not necessary but does aid you when parsing the equations written.

I hope that helps clarifies why the solution above works.

2 people found this helpful
              hplcuser

Hi together,

thanks very much for your answers. It worked perfectly!