3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 4:26 PM by cwevenson

OpenLab API

cwevenson

We have a client who is using a Agilent 1100 HPLC in their Ethanol Lab.  It is connected to a Windows 7 pc which is running ChemStation's OpenLab software.  We have been asked to translate the data from this software and integrate it to our operation data for reporting purposes to management.  Is there an API which would allow MS SQL integration to the OpenLab database?  Currently, the client is exporting to flat file and then importing it into excel to be shared. 

• Re: OpenLab API
          ryoboyle

I am not aware of any such API for what you are trying to do.

The two main ways to export result data from OpenLAB ChemStation (usually to a LIMS) would be by printing your results to a .xls file using an Intelligent Report template (easy to customize if none of the default templates meet your needs) or by using the built in XML functionality as outlined in the XML Connectivity Guide found on disk 2 of the installation media. For your convenience I have also uploaded the XML Connectivity Guide to the community: OpenLAB CDS ChemStation XML Connectivity Guide

ryoboyle

I just wanted to follow-up to see if my last suggestion helped or if there were any other questions.

cwevenson

Yes, the file is a big help.  We are just at the client's site the next couple of days and we where on the HPLC system today.  Will need to locate the configuration file tomorrow and see if we can get a copy of it.  We have to investigate networking the computer and defining a network location so the HPLC can export the file.  Being xml it should be no problem for me to code an import into our data system for the ethanol process data.