3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 3:18 PM by ryoboyle

Reassign adducts in Masshunter

jmalinsky

When using the "Find by Molecular Feature" function in Masshunter the program will assign an adduct to the spectral peak (i.e, M+H, M+NH4...).    I've run into many instances were I know the peak I am looking at is the (M+NH4)+ peak but Masshunter insists on calling it (M+H)+.  When this occurs the subsequent use of the  Generate Formulas function returns incorrect results.  Is there a way to go in and change these adduct designations so that the Generate Formulas function will work properly?

• Re: Reassign adducts in Masshunter
          tmh

Hi,

Maybe this may help.

In MassHunter you can change mass peak assignments in each collected spectra. To do this you right-click on spectrum (while you have range select tool enabled) and select "Edit Peak Annotations...". In pop-up window you can change ion species as you like, select ion types and then apply these to the spectrum. I added some screenshots below that were quickly captured from MH Qual B.07.01 SP2.

• Re: Reassign adducts in Masshunter
            ryoboyle

I just wanted to follow-up to see if the previous repy in this thread answered your question. If so, please come back to the post and click the "Correct Answer" button on the response that helped so it will make the solution more visible. If you still need help, just let us know and we would be happy to continue working with you.

I also updated the tags on this thread to make it easier to search.