5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 3:12 PM by ryoboyle

computed text (User defined Macro)

hebgent

In custom classic reporting there was a "computed text(user defined macro)" text field that would display the string value that was returned from the macro.  Is there an equivalent in IR.

• Re: computed text (User defined Macro)
          hebgent

It appears that if I want to use any of my older macros in IR I'll need to rewrite them as a .net custom assembly.  If anyone can confirm this I'd appreciate it.  Thanks

Tim

betrich

Hello Tim ,

well - it depends   ...

.. on the calculations perfromed by your macros. You can achieve already a lot just by using the programming capabilites of the report template editor. It has it limits, of course, where you would consider a .net assembly.

At the same time I like to inform you about a new customization feature planned for the next release OpenLAB CDS ChemStation. I can share more information in a few weeks from now.

Best regards, Bernhard

hebgent

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the reply.  I’m looking forward to the next release of OpenLab CDS Chemstation.

One of the classic marco’s that I have attaches the calibration table to the end of the report (with some formatting).  You can get something similar by adding a “DataAnalysis Method Information Single Column” item, selecting level 2 and filtering for “Calibration”.  But then I can’t filter any deeper or format the calibration table returned.

This is covered in post https://community.agilent.com/docs/DOC-1392  “How to ... include method information in your report (2) - OpenLAB CDS Intelligent Reporting”

Since I have about a dozen macro’s that do variety of things, I’m comfortable with the classic registry structure.  Can I make a classic registry call like “TabVal(_DAMethod[1], "Calpoint",1, "Amount")” and have that displayed on a report.  While IR certainly does much of the work for you there are some things missing.  I can’t find a field item for “Calibration of Unknown peaks”  We have a report that calibrates unknown peaks based off a different compound.  In the classic report you would get a “Unknown Peaks Calibrated with Compound A”  There appears to be no field for that.  I could add it by making a registry call “_DAMethod[1],Signal,UnkComp” but I’m not sure how I can do that.

Thanks

Tim

ryoboyle

I have marked this reply as the "Correct Answer". Please let us know if you found another solution to this problem and we can update the answer, or if you still need help we would be happy to keep on working with you.

ryoboyle

hebgent, I wanted to follow-up since this thread has been inactive for some time. Did you find a satisfying resolution to the questions you posed in this thread? If so, would you mind posting the solution as a reply and marking it as the "Correct Answer" to increase visibility?

If you still need help, please let us know and we would be happy to continue working with you.

I also added tags to this thread to make it easier to search.