9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2017 5:21 PM by soccerdad

Peak Widths in MassHunter Qual for LC-MS data

soccerdad

I am using Masshunter Qual (version 6 and version 7)

In the integration peak list there is more than one value of width listed. There is width and FWHM. It is not clear how they differ as the information I can find suggests that both are half-width. They do differ though as often the values listed are numerically different. I need these values as we are manually calculating resolution for some of our classes.

In addition I have been noticing that sometimes the values are listed as 0. This doesn't make sense. I am assuming that this is a display error in terms of not sufficient digits being used to display the width. Is there a way to change this in Qual?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

• Re: Peak Widths in MassHunter Qual for LC-MS data
          ryoboyle

soccerdad, are you still looking for an answer to this peak width question? If you have already found an answer, would you mind sharing it in a reply and marking the reply as a "Correct Answer" for the thread to increase visibility?

If you still need help, I pulled the below information from the help contents in Qual B.07.00:

Width: If you integrated using the General Integrator, then the Width is the full peak width from Start to End. For other integrators the width is the full width of the peak at half height of the peak, in retention time units.

FWHM: The full width of the peak at half the maximum height.

What integrator are you using? Is it the General Integrator?

Also, I added tags to this thread to make it easier to search.