Summary Table for Custom Calculation Result

Hi, 

I have a repeating group for calculating Assay and Impurities of samples based on a standard injections. The assay and impurities is a custom formula in the intelligent report. I would like to create a summary table of my assay and impurity results of all my samples at the end of the report. Is possible to do so? 

Regards, 

Saif

• Saif,

You can but it depends on exactly where you are doing the calculations and what type of repeating you are using. I will show you the basic idea for storing  a standard calculation where we need to store one value per injection from a table. In the screenshots below you can see I have a column in the table where I would like to store the calculation for use later in the report. In the expression editor you select Save Expression Result As to select the type of variable or aggregator you want to use. If you need to retrieve each individual value then use a variable. Just remember that a variable only contains one value so if the table repeats, in this case by injection, then I need a way to a store a variable for each injection. That is where the Unique Key Value comes in to play to index the variable by the value selected. In the example I have selected injection ID which is a unique identifier for each injection acquired in the software. The key you will need to use will change depending on what information you need to store, for example if I needed a value for each compound in each injection, I could use a key value of compound_name + Injection_ID. You can call the stored variables back later by selecting them in the variable section in the expression editor. The object where you use the variable typically need to be repeated the same way as the object where you stored the variable. Also another note when you store values you can only use them in objects below the object where you stored them. If you store a value in a table you can also use the stored value in that same table in any columns to the right of the column where you stored it. See where this gets you and if you have more specific questions please reply.

Marty 

Was this helpful?