2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 3:45 PM by agilent

How to get the number of injections in a sequence? (OpenLab CDS Intelligent Reporting)

Hi all,

anybody has an idea how to get the total number of injections in a sequence in an IR template for OpenLAB CDS ChemStation edition?

As a follow up question: How to get

• Number of Calibrations
      • Number of Unknowns
      • Number of Blanks

and as the final topping

• How to get the number of injections that were aborted, i.e. vial missing or the run time stopped before the programmed end of the run time?

I tried using the "Sequence Sample Summary Table", but using "Number of Records" gives strange results to say the least.

Thanks for any ideas - schoeler

(originally posted in OpenLAB Forum: https://zohodiscussions.com/openlabcdsforum#Topic/68030000000126001

2014 July 21)

• Re: How to get the number of injections in a sequence?

Using the "Save expression as" an aggregator and then the Count() function does work and returns the correct number. Looks like only the function in the summary calculations does have a problem.

That still leaves how to get

How to get the number of injections that were aborted, i.e. vial missing or the run time stopped before the programmed end of the run time?

Thanks - schoeler

• Re: How to get the number of injections in a sequence?
            agilent

Aborted injections or missing vials are not traced in the ACAML result file.

But there are some additional options - dependent on the system configuration.

If you are using OpenLAB ECM Intelligent Reporter with an OLSS hosted by a SQL or Oracle server you can define an additional datasource and read this information from the OLSS activity log.

In case of a CDS system, I would calculate the difference between the current injection time and the injection time of the previous run (you could use the previous() command).  You could average these values and mark those runs where the time difference exceeds the average value by factor X.

This could be used as an indicator where the sequence was paused or where the injection did not take place or a run was stopped.

This is just a very rough guess, but dependent on the method in use it could be a very sensitive indicator.

- betrich