Pretty overlays from ChemStation C.01?

Has anyone found a good solution for creating high quality overlays?  We currently prepare the overlays in ChemStation and paste them into Word.  Creating and pasting into Word is a finicky process.  We are struggling with the appearance of text and plot lines.

We are using ChemStation C.01 with data analysis hosted on virtual AIC.  This creates additional hurdles as images are often changed by the remote desktop.  But we can export x,y values via exporting to clipboard without corruption. 

Note: this is UV and MSD data, I don’t think we can get MSD TIC x,y from IR with C.01.05.  Please correct me if I’m mistaken.  If we could get a file with x,y plots for every channel that might create faster options.

I can paste the x,y values into Excel and get a little better control over the appearance, but it isn’t great.  It isn’t quick or easy, either.  Does anyone have a recommendation for either better graphing software?  Another solution that gets high quality overlays into Word?

thanks

• Hello,

I have added tags to this post to increase visibility. 

Within ChemStation the only options for creating chromatogram overlay graphics are through reporting or by overlaying the chromatogram signals in Data Analysis. It sounds like you have already explored those possibilities. 

I can say that in the most recent release of OpenLab ChemStation (C.01.10) there has been a vast improvement in the graphics displayed on intelligent reports. In previous revisions IR used bitmap graphics while the new IR engine in C.01.10 uses vector graphics which can be displayed in a higher resolution. 

Was this helpful?