Summary : After upgrade to Windows 11, openlab CDS 2.x Software is not working correctly, or some of the crucial features you need are not working as expected, and troubleshooting didn’t helped you, you might want to go back to Windows 10. In that situation, this guide will help you to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10.
Requirements for downgrade: Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 is subject to fulfil some requirements. Here are they:
You can only downgrade to Windows 10 within the 10 days of the Window upgrade.
Previous Windows version files, typically Windows.old folder and other required files should be present on your system.
If above requirements are not meet, you can’t go back to Windows 10. In that case, for going back to Windows 10, you need to make clean install.
For downgrade process to be successful, make sure you remain your system turned on.
Steps for downgrade: Here’s how you can downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10:
1. Open Settings app on your Windows 11, go to System > Recovery. Under Recovery options, click Go back.
2. Now Go back to Windows 10 screen should appear. Under Why are you going back, select a reason and click Next.
3. In next screen, select Check for updates. If that doesn’t works, click No thanks.
4. Under What you need to know, make sure you go through this information completely. When you’re ready, click Next.
5. As per the next screen, make sure you remember Windows 10 password so that you don’t get locked out. Click Next to proceed.
6. Finally, click on Go back to Windows 10.
7. Your system will now restart.
8. After restart, you’ll see Attempting to recover installation.
9. In few moments, you’ll see Restoring your previous version of Windows. This will take time depending upon your system and data being restored.
10. After this, your system will restart and this time you’ll see Windows 10 boot screen.
11. Then in next few moments, you should be able to login to your Windows 10.
12. After login, you can check your Windows 10 version by running winver command.
This completes the downgrade process from Windows 11 to Windows 10.