percent recovery for check standards

Is there an option to select a field in data analysis to report % recovery for check standards? or is this a custom calculator situation. If CC is required could someone assist me in the formatting for the calculation. I am using OpenLabs CDS.

Parents
  • Hello,

Can you tell me what version of CDS you are using? There is no standard method setting for % recovery of the check standard. Unless the check standard is the same concentration, as one of your calibration standard levels, you will need to enter those values somewhere. You can use a compound custom field or possibly a constants file in CC. I will show an example using a compound custom field in the project.

Marty Adams

Setup the compound custom field

Enter the values in the sequence or result set injection list.

Create a CCF file and reference it in the method. The

Create a CC in the custom calculation file as a double with the peakorgroup scope. The IF will restrict the calculation to sample type QC Check.

If(Sample_Type = 4,  Compound_Concentration  / CurrentPeakOrGroup.GetCustomField("QC Conc") * 100, 0)

• Im using version 3.5. do i have to setup the compound custom parameters in Cp? or can i just add the CC to the method? also the QC conc you have in your formula, i have no idea what that is. is there not a single CC that can be used? im running a 7pt standard curve 0.5ug/ml-10ug/ml and the compound values are added. i was hoping when the sample type was changed to qc check the % rec. would automatically populate, but that is not the case.

I was hoping for something like, Compound amount/ sample name("std").

im not familiar with cc formating thats wy im having so much trouble.

• Hello,

Is the qc check the same concentration as one of the 7 calibration standard levels? If so, do you always run the standards with the checks and samples in the same sequence? Is this a single or multiple compound method and if multiple are all the concentrations at a given level the same. 

Marty Adams

• It is a single compound method. Yes the check is the same concentration as one of the standards, but i dont believe we will run all the standards with every run.

Reply Children
Was this helpful?