Adding compounds from one calibration to another

Hey there everyone,

I'm using Openlab CDS C.01.10[ [201] and trying to add a few compounds from one calibration curve to another. I decided to start by creating a new cal table with my first standard ("A"). I added the compound names and everything as I normally do. It worked like it always does. Then I loaded the first level of the second calibration ("B"). I selected a peak I wanted to add by clicking the white arrow in the toolbar menu. The cursor becomes a white arrow. I clicked on the first peak I wanted to add. It was highlighted blue to indicated the peak retention time window. While this was highlighted, I clicked on the icon in the toolbar window "add selected peaks from chromatogram to cal table". Nice. I then get a window asking for the level. I enter the level and click "ok". I thought this would add the new peak from "B" to this new cal table. It does not. However, the cursor then becomes a drawing of a peak with a "+" to the upper left of the cursor. It's as if, now that I have this cursor, I'm supposed to do something else. It makes me think I haven't actually selected a peak. I click on the highlighted peak I want to add. Nothing. The CDS help option is... Well, no help at all... So what am I supposed to do with the cursor?

HAAAAAALP

Rick

Parents Reply Children
  • Rick,

Here is an example. I have a calibration of 2 peaks from an initial injection. I now move to another injection to add the peaks to the calibration table. If I want to add all the peaks in this injection to the calibration table I can use the button shown below. 

If you wish to select specific peaks you can select the tool shown below. This will change your cursor into a peak selection tool and let you pick the level for the new peaks. Now you can click on the peaks in the chromatogram you want to add. Note this is the tool you were talking about in the original post with the peak shape and plus with the arrow.

Was this helpful?