Editing sequence after starting- can I save the edited sequence while the instrument is running?

My question: Is there a way to save the updated sequence file after editing a currently-running sequence? Details below:

I am using OpenLAB CDS - Acquisition - Build 2.5.1.7

Yesterday evening I ran a ~ 50 injection sequence. A few injections in I changed several vials, and added new ones. I could not see a way to save the edits.

At night, the sequence Aborted due to an error.

This morning when I logged in remotely to see about resuming the sequence, the only saved sequence was my pre-edit vials.

Is there a way to save the updates to the sequence, so that if I need to re-run a sequence I will have the most updated version?

Thanks,

Rob

Parents
  • Hi ,

One of the toolbar buttons lets you import sequences from Result sets.

You might be able to import the sequence from the result set that contained the successfully acquired samples.  

/Andy

• Hi Andy,

Thank you for the suggestion, that will help in some cases. However it unfortunately does not solve the problem of any modifications after the latest completed injection.

For example: I start a sequence with 30 injections, and after starting the sequence I add 20 more lines to the end, for a total of 50 injections. The instrument has an error and aborts at line 35. When I try to pull back up the sequence, whether by loading sequence or by the method you suggested, it does not pull up any injections set after line 35, that I added after modifying an already-initiated sequence.

• Hi Andy,

Thank you for the suggestion, that will help in some cases. However it unfortunately does not solve the problem of any modifications after the latest completed injection.

For example: I start a sequence with 30 injections, and after starting the sequence I add 20 more lines to the end, for a total of 50 injections. The instrument has an error and aborts at line 35. When I try to pull back up the sequence, whether by loading sequence or by the method you suggested, it does not pull up any injections set after line 35, that I added after modifying an already-initiated sequence.

Children
Was this helpful?