Disappearing chromatograms

Hi, I have a problem (not easily found on this forum) in openlab CDS where the last injection is disappearing after the sequence of injections.  This is the third occurence in 3 months and I don't see a pattern to it or what might be causing this.  I have screenshots below where you can see on the online signal window that the injected run has indeed run but then it does not show up in the data processing list of injections.  What could cause this that I can fix or work around?  The software product  # is M8410AA.  Thanks, PJ

July 08, 2021                                                                                                                                                                            August 17, 2021

Parents Reply Children
  • HI

Open sequence in acquisition:

I wonder if we're not talking about the same thing...

Andy

• Hi, I had another occurence of the dissapearance of most of a day's worth of injections. Unfortunately instead of getting urgent help, I'll take this up on forums again for the benefit of anyone else who might be experiencing this and because I don't have another choice for troubleshooting many of the issues found so far.  I'd gladly prefer phone or in person assistance. 

So I see the last advice had to do with opening a previously saved sequence?  Starting with the last suggestion, my audit trail for sequences was not on (is there a way to keep this on? I thought this was a robust audit ready software.) and as I mentioned there were no clues in the logs.  

Now I have a screenshot of my sequence (created correctly), and the activity log which shows that the evening (around 8pm) injections did run.  And in data analysis the injections stopped somewhere mid-day around 2pm.  There are no error logs until after the shutdown method which also ran and stopped the machine properly around 8:30pm.  

Where can I: a) find my injections, or 

b) find the problem that has potentially wasted 6 hours of solvent, lamp time and my preparation work.

Thank you,

PJ

• Hi

Don't think I have an answer to the full question, but

Starting with the last suggestion, my audit trail for sequences was not on (is there a way to keep this on? I thought this was a robust audit ready software.)

Have a look at the project settings.  In a new project, the default is for sequences to not have audit trails enabled.  In my project, I have checked the "Automatically enable..." option.

After enabling automatic audit trails, only new sequences will have them enabled.

Maybe OpenLab is having a problem uploading your results.  Have a look at the Upload queue:

You might be able to see results stuck in the queue

This one is empty, of course !

/Andy

Was this helpful?