Overlay Report Builder

Hi everyone,

I am using Qual 10.0 with the specific Workflow Compound Discovery (Find by Integration). This result in a list of compounds with an associated Label when a match is found is the library. Those Compounds are listed appart from the TIC Scan in Qual.

I tried working with Report Builder to create a report where I can overlay the TIC-Scan chromatogram with every Compound label and RT but so far I didn't have any luck. I can plot the TIC Scan chromatogram with no problem, but I can't find how to plot on this chromatogram, the RT and Compounds Labels. I tried working with data bindings but so far with no luck.

I would love some insight on this matter ! Is there any sort of documentations to help understand the Report Builder ?

Thanks a lot

• Hello ,

You need to do two things to have the compound names show up in the report TIC.

First, after you have processed your data in Compounds View and are satisfied with your identification results, switch to Navigator View. Then in the Actions menu choose Correlate TIC with Find by Integration. This will add the compound label information to the TIC.

Then, in your Report Builder template, change the Peak label 2 option for the Sample Chromatogram to Cpd.Label. Peak label 1 will still be RT even if there is no selection. 

This will generate the following output

This is from the quant VOA data, and some compounds weren't identified, so the RT is listed twice. You can also change the label direction to vertical so that more labels will fit on the graphic. I have not found a way to force the labels to allow for overlap in the report, but maybe that is not such a bad thing.

As for documentation, currently there is the familiarization guide that comes with Report Builder for Quant. The principles are the same as for Qual, so even though there are no direct examples the same types of modifications can still be done on Qual templates.

• Howard, thanks a lot for the quick answer : that was exactly what I was looking for !

Was this helpful?