Variables and Custom Calculations in OpenLab CDS

I am working on OpenLab CDS 2.5 and have spent the whole day trying to either use the Custom Calculation Editor or to achieve my result using Report Templates but I have not been successful with either! 

I have given up on doing this with the Custom Calculation Editor. On the Report Template:

• I have six replicate samples run at different dilutions in one sequence
  • I have created a Sample Statistics table which lists all six injections for each of my compounds and then gives me the average and the SD. I have designed it so that even if a compound is absent in a sample, the concentration is given as 0 and still gets included in the average.
  • I would now like to take those averages and report them in a separate table for certain compounds and I would like to do certain calculations using these averages. But this is where I get stuck! I have tried creating a variable for the "Average" parameter in my sample statistics table, but I am unable to get this Variable to deliver the average values that I want in my new table/calculations

These are the calculations I want to do in the separate table:

Compound Summary
CBDA = Average from sample stats table
CBD = Average from sample stats table
THCA = Average from sample stats table
D9THC = Average from sample stats table
Total Potential CBD = 0.877*CBDA(%) + CBD
Total Potential THC = 0.877*THCA(%) + D9THC
Ratio Total Potential CBD/THC = Total CBD / total THC

If there is an easier way to do this using the Custom Calculation Editor then I am all ears. But any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Are there any Agilent resources that help explain the syntax used for reporting and calculations? I do have the Report Template Editor guide.

Was this helpful?