Clean install of OpenLab EZChrom A.04.08

First of all, I know that you might say we told you so.  I did this already.  I used Windows to uninstall my OpenLab EZChrom on a spare laptop that I have . 

I had some issues with EZChrom while using it  and one day, it decided not to launch the offline session.   So I figured maybe I could reinstall it

and I began to do this without the OpenLab uninstaller.  I thought I had removed all the directories, all the registry entries in the registry and still for some reason,

when I try to reinstall OpenLab EZChrom A.04.08 onto my laptop, it tells me that I have the same OpenLab version installed on your machine and upgrade

to the same version isn't possible.  I have tried to repair what might still be on the laptop, but there aren't any files so I am stuck in a loop.

Does anyone know what I would have to do short of reformatting all the drives to get this to work again ?

Thanks,

Brian

Parents Reply
  • Ideally, you should always use the uninstaller tool that comes with the EZChrom installation discs.  I don't want to suggest this is a good idea, otherwise.  When I said that I painstakingly removed all the references in the registry, I didn't do that either.  I downloaded and used a program called Revo Uninstaller.  This program is very good at uninstalling software and doing a deep-clean removal of references in the registry that correspond with your recently uninstalled program.  This did work for me, but it was going to be hit-or-miss if it was going to work.  Windows registeries are a mess.  When I was trying to reinstall previously, I couldn't.  I couldn't do a repair, and I couldn't do an uninstall.

Sometimes, you get into problems.

Download Revo Uninstaller.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?