I'm trying to add an instrument (GC6850) to OpenLab ChemStation, but the Instrument controller field is empty, and since this is a mandatory field I can not move forward? Please advise on how to procede. Thank You

I'm trying to add an instrument (GC6850) to OpenLab ChemStation, but the Instrument controller field is empty, and since this is a mandatory field I can not move forward? Please advise on how to procede. Thank You

Parents
  • Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

The symptom you are describing indicates that there is not currently a resolved, local instrument controller being recognized by OpenLab. In the OpenLab Control Panel, go to Administration>Instrument controllers and check the status of the instrument controller listed.

On a workstation the instrument controller should have a status of 'local'. If the status is instead 'not resolved' then this would indicate that the PC name has changed on this workstation PC. This would be confirmed if the PC Name column is no longer populating in the Instrument Controllers table.

A procedure for how to recover from a PC name change is outlined in the PC Bundle Setup Guide: https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/usermanuals/public/M8380-90001_PC-BundleSetup.pdf

If this was an unintentional PC name change, then the easiest solution would be to simply rename the PC back to the original name to match the name of the Instrument Controller. If the PC name was intentional, then follow the procedure starting on page 3 of the document I linked above.

• Hello,

I added tags to this post to increase visibility.

The symptom you are describing indicates that there is not currently a resolved, local instrument controller being recognized by OpenLab. In the OpenLab Control Panel, go to Administration>Instrument controllers and check the status of the instrument controller listed.

On a workstation the instrument controller should have a status of 'local'. If the status is instead 'not resolved' then this would indicate that the PC name has changed on this workstation PC. This would be confirmed if the PC Name column is no longer populating in the Instrument Controllers table.

A procedure for how to recover from a PC name change is outlined in the PC Bundle Setup Guide: https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/usermanuals/public/M8380-90001_PC-BundleSetup.pdf

If this was an unintentional PC name change, then the easiest solution would be to simply rename the PC back to the original name to match the name of the Instrument Controller. If the PC name was intentional, then follow the procedure starting on page 3 of the document I linked above.

Children
Was this helpful?