Compound Group Amount / Curve reference

I am working on the project team for my site's transition from OpenLAB Chemstation CDS C.01.07 to OpenLAB CDS 2.5 and while working in our development system I have found that I can not use a group compound as the curve reference for other peaks.  In our old/current system (C.01.07) I could use a group compound amount in the calibration and reference one of the compounds in the group for un-calibrated peaks (see below pictures).  Is there any way to do this in OpenLAB CDS 2.5?

Group Compound Amount:

Calibration table settings:

• Hello,

I would use custom calculator to do that calculation. If you need to use a group it will need to be a timed group. Here is an example ccf for that calculation. This ccf assumes you have cal standards in your result set and uses the calc coff from the max cal level.   /cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/26/Calculate-Unknowns.ccf

Marty Adams

• I have finally gotten some training on *.ccf files and formulas but I am only just starting to work with them.  Is there a resource I can use to learn how to set them up for compiling data across a sequence by compound and run type?  For group compound amount, I am looking into using a manual response factor as I have multiple main peak calibration curves that get referenced by various different impurity compounds and I have no idea how I would be able to differentiate between them.

I have for example:

Main Compounds A, B, and C.  Compound A is composed of 2 isomers AA and AB.  Timed Group A has 2 regions which capture only peaks AA and AB.  Compounds B and C, along with Timed Group A all have their own calibration curves.

Impurity compounds 1A, 2A, 3A, 4B, 5B, 6C, 7B, and 8C.  Compounds 4B, 5B, and 7B all reference the Compound B curve.  Compounds 6C and 8C reference the Compound C curve.  Compounds 1A, 2A, and 3A cannot reference Timed Group A, but if I can get the response factor for Timed Group A, I can set them to use that as a manual factor and update it for every run.  Getting this automated in a *.ccf formula would be ideal, but that is beyond my skill and understanding of *.ccf formulas.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Was this helpful?