Area reject on individual chromatograms?

Compound A elutes in each chromatogram and i want to report the peak areas in each chromatogram that are greater than the peak area of Compound A in each chromatogram. As the area of Compound A varies in each chromatogram i can't use the area reject in the processing method as this applies globally to all chromatograms.

Can you help find a way to do this? I am using OpenLab 2.3.

Regards 

Parents
  • To update - i have found a way to report only peaks which are greater than Compound A on an individual chromatogram basis. This involved linking and processing the results set with the following CC to find the peak area of Compound A in each specific injection:

CurrentInjection.SignalByName(Signal_Name).PeakOrGroupByName("Compound A").Peak_Area .  

and then calling this CC as the Value in the Filtering properties of a table using Peak_Area as Value and > as Operation. To get the CC into the Value field i selected Compound, Custom Calculation Results then the identifier that i gave the CC in the CC file. This table was repeated for each sample.

This was achieved by trial and error really but thought it worth sharing. If there is any other way of achieving this output without using a CC i would be keen to know. 

Thanks

• you could have an invisible table, filtered to samples (sample type) and compound A. Then in the column for area, save the result as a variable with unique key value = sample name.
    In the samples table where you report you can then compare a peak against the variable that you just created, which will automatically be different for each sample.

let me know if i have to elaborate on it

• Hi dwaelsve

Thanks for you reply. The part i'm having trouble with is how to compare the peak results to the variable.  i have tried typing it in as expression using the variable name and unique key i created but i get errors. I cant call the variable directly in Filtering. Please can you elaborate? 

• Hi  Camelia

When you press expression in de filtering, you can go to the variables collapsable thingie.

does it work when you select it there? (picture is of a variable that is keyed to sample name, so it should look similar)

Reply Children
Was this helpful?