Data backup on external cold storage - OPENLAB CDS ?

Hello

i want to export (as a backup) on external cold storage all the data acquired by my HPLC 1260 infinity 2, software OPEN LAB CDS.

I tried to export all the folders in a usb key but then I'm not able to load those datas from the usb key in the data analysis.

Whats the fastest and working way to do that?

Parents
  • I tried that. It need Admin rights, and I need to disable some services as well.

I was able to access the services.msc.

Couldn't disable the 2 Services.

Also opened the control /name Backup.. But it didn't went any further.

But thanks for the Info, so I can throw the ball to the IT  

• Hi Mr White,

Backup of databases and file structures is normally the purview of IT, especially since they normally have the elevated privileges needed to stop/start services and have access to places normal users do not.

The manual listed above is the place to go for the info on what you need to do. If you do decide to go that route, then please make sure you validate that the process can backup and restore the database and files correctly. This can be done on a virtual machine or a real one, just not the same one as the backup is performed.

• Hi Mr White,

Backup of databases and file structures is normally the purview of IT, especially since they normally have the elevated privileges needed to stop/start services and have access to places normal users do not.

The manual listed above is the place to go for the info on what you need to do. If you do decide to go that route, then please make sure you validate that the process can backup and restore the database and files correctly. This can be done on a virtual machine or a real one, just not the same one as the backup is performed.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?