What is the future for Openlab Chemstation?

We have a new 8860 GC with Openlab CDS (VL) vs 2.3 software. This software does not have the functionality of Chemstation A.10.02 that we use on our 6890 GC. What is the future for Openlab Chemstation, someone showed it to me and it looked like it works similar to the old Chemstation with the same functionality. I was however advised that Openlab Chemstation is not available to new users anymore and that it is being phased out, what would your comments be on this? The Openlab CDS is a lot more difficult to work with, takes longer for results to be generated and the calibration functions I need is not available.

We have about 40 components in one calibration but the compounds are in 3 separate mixtures. With Openlab you cannot have different mixture for one calibration, for Chemstation you can. With Openlab we have to use 3 processing methods for each run, then type in all results in the order they should be in.  For me it is a huge step backwards to go from Chemstation to OpenLab CDS. I need some independent advice please.

Parents
  • Hello,

I added some tags to this post to increase visibility.

As far as I know, OpenLab ChemStation is still being sold and there are no restrictions on its sale. Sales for different regions are handled differently though, so ultimately you should contact your local Agilent sales team for up-to-date information on OpenLab ChemStation availability in your country: Contact Us | Agilent 

It is possible to setup a calibration in OpenLab CDS when all compounds cannot be prepared in the same calibration standards. You just need to make sure to assign unique calibration levels to each group of standards. For example, let's say you have 40 compounds and need to use three different sets of calibration standards where standard 1 includes compounds 1-15, standard 2 includes compounds 16-30, and standard 3 included compounds 31-40 and want to setup a 3 level calibration for each compound. You can do this by assigning compounds 1-15 calibration levels 1-3 in your processing method, compounds 16-30 calibration levels 4-6, and compounds 31-40 calibration levels 7-9. This way each calibration standard has unique calibration levels so that they do not impact the calibrations of compounds from other standard mixtures. 

Hopefully this helps. 

• Hello,

I added some tags to this post to increase visibility.

As far as I know, OpenLab ChemStation is still being sold and there are no restrictions on its sale. Sales for different regions are handled differently though, so ultimately you should contact your local Agilent sales team for up-to-date information on OpenLab ChemStation availability in your country: Contact Us | Agilent 

It is possible to setup a calibration in OpenLab CDS when all compounds cannot be prepared in the same calibration standards. You just need to make sure to assign unique calibration levels to each group of standards. For example, let's say you have 40 compounds and need to use three different sets of calibration standards where standard 1 includes compounds 1-15, standard 2 includes compounds 16-30, and standard 3 included compounds 31-40 and want to setup a 3 level calibration for each compound. You can do this by assigning compounds 1-15 calibration levels 1-3 in your processing method, compounds 16-30 calibration levels 4-6, and compounds 31-40 calibration levels 7-9. This way each calibration standard has unique calibration levels so that they do not impact the calibrations of compounds from other standard mixtures. 

Hopefully this helps. 

Children
Was this helpful?