I'm completely new to GC/MS and need all the help I can get. I tried running a method today and all I see is a triplet of peaks repeating itself. It doesn't change even if I change the method. I have no clue what I am looking at. What am I seeing?

Parents
  • The signal in the original post is a test signal generated by the software.

The problem is likely in your GC method parameters.  Depending on the age of your software, when you go to GC parameters look for a signal tab, it will be above the parameters on older software or on the left hand side for newer software.  Then look at the Signal parameters and likely the front (F) or back (B) detector is set with "Diagnostics: Test Plot".  Select the drop down menu and choose the signal you wish to collect and make sure the Save box is checked.

• The signal in the original post is a test signal generated by the software.

The problem is likely in your GC method parameters.  Depending on the age of your software, when you go to GC parameters look for a signal tab, it will be above the parameters on older software or on the left hand side for newer software.  Then look at the Signal parameters and likely the front (F) or back (B) detector is set with "Diagnostics: Test Plot".  Select the drop down menu and choose the signal you wish to collect and make sure the Save box is checked.

Children
Was this helpful?