Cannot connect to default printer in SimpleReads but can in Config Manager (Cary UV-Vis)

No default printer is currently selected in my Cary WinUV software and I get an error when selecting print setup.  I can print from the configuration manager software.  There is a printer defined on the computer.  How do I connect the WinUV software to the printer?

Parents
  • Hello- is it a network printer? I saw a report where there was an issue with Cary WinUV finding a network printer. The solution was to set up the shared printer via a local port. Below are Windows 10 instructions for this. Let me know if this resolves your issue

To install a printer locally on Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen. Select Search.

2. Search for Control Panel. Select it from the search results.

3. Find Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and open it.

4. Click Add a Printer (on the top).

5. A window will come up that is searching for printers on the network. Click Stop, then click The printer I want isn't listed.

6. Click Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Click Next.

7. Click Create a new port. Select Local Port for Type of port.

8. In the Port Name box, type the path to the printer in the following format, where server is the name of the print server and printer is the share name of the printer (e.g. \\server\printer). Click OK.

9. Select the printer model and driver. Click Next. If the exact model isn't listed, click Have Disk and browse to the location where you earlier extracted the drivers.

10. Follow the rest of the wizard.  When prompted to share the printer, select Do not share this printer.

• Hello- is it a network printer? I saw a report where there was an issue with Cary WinUV finding a network printer. The solution was to set up the shared printer via a local port. Below are Windows 10 instructions for this. Let me know if this resolves your issue

To install a printer locally on Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen. Select Search.

2. Search for Control Panel. Select it from the search results.

3. Find Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and open it.

4. Click Add a Printer (on the top).

5. A window will come up that is searching for printers on the network. Click Stop, then click The printer I want isn't listed.

6. Click Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Click Next.

7. Click Create a new port. Select Local Port for Type of port.

8. In the Port Name box, type the path to the printer in the following format, where server is the name of the print server and printer is the share name of the printer (e.g. \\server\printer). Click OK.

9. Select the printer model and driver. Click Next. If the exact model isn't listed, click Have Disk and browse to the location where you earlier extracted the drivers.

10. Follow the rest of the wizard.  When prompted to share the printer, select Do not share this printer.

Children
Was this helpful?