Uv-Vis Chemstation - report files

Hello

Where are the standard report style files located (.frp) ?

I want to make a custom report in advanced mode based on the "fixed wavelength report" in the standard mode.

The advanced mode report styles are found in the folder  C:\Chem32\uvexe\RepStyles\ but apart from having non-descriptive file names, the "fixed wavelength report" seems not to be included among the files.

Maybe it is possible to change the default report with a macro ?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Regards, Pétur Ari

Parents
  • Attention: The macro and report style discussed in this document are the equivalent of any macro or report style in the UCL folder located on the UV-Vis ChemStation software disk, and as such, are NOT supported by Agilent.

The report style, a macro to extract the wavelength, and instructions are attached.  The report style and macro were written in 2002, shortly after the release of A.09.01[76].  I tested them on revision B.05.02[16].  I am confident they work on any revision in between, and probably on later revisions.  When you first go to Report Setup after installing, the style may be uvav2001.frp instead of UVAV2003.FRP .  If you change the name of the report style, or use the Style Editor to make changes, it will be saved to the C:\Chem32\uvexe\RepStyle directory.  If you need to move them to another instrument or upgrade your software, use the FRP file attached here. ChemStation software was written in the early 1990's and reflects programming of that era, so I recommend you do not change the name of any file in the C:\Chem32\uvexe\RepStyle directory.

Step 1: Copy the macro Usr_Rpt.mac and the report style UVAV2003.FRP to the C:\Chem32\uvexe\RepStyle directory.

Step 1 is 95 % of installing and using the report style.

Regards,

Mike

attachments.zip
  • Attention: The macro and report style discussed in this document are the equivalent of any macro or report style in the UCL folder located on the UV-Vis ChemStation software disk, and as such, are NOT supported by Agilent.

The report style, a macro to extract the wavelength, and instructions are attached.  The report style and macro were written in 2002, shortly after the release of A.09.01[76].  I tested them on revision B.05.02[16].  I am confident they work on any revision in between, and probably on later revisions.  When you first go to Report Setup after installing, the style may be uvav2001.frp instead of UVAV2003.FRP .  If you change the name of the report style, or use the Style Editor to make changes, it will be saved to the C:\Chem32\uvexe\RepStyle directory.  If you need to move them to another instrument or upgrade your software, use the FRP file attached here. ChemStation software was written in the early 1990's and reflects programming of that era, so I recommend you do not change the name of any file in the C:\Chem32\uvexe\RepStyle directory.

Step 1: Copy the macro Usr_Rpt.mac and the report style UVAV2003.FRP to the C:\Chem32\uvexe\RepStyle directory.

Step 1 is 95 % of installing and using the report style.

Regards,

Mike

attachments.zip
Children
  • wow. Awesome! Thank you so much. I will go try this out. Again. thank you very much.

• Hi, will test the macro later, I have already done much work customizing an advanced report from the \repstyle directory, but still hopeful that the macro example will help my work.

• Hi, thanks for the effort.

The interesting thing is how this .frp file (uvav2001.frp) is visible in the in the report styles dialog box while the other default .frp files are not accessible/visible,  suppose that the knowledge how to change that is Agilent privilege.

The report style "uvav2001.frp " has the box with USR_WL_Start  that executes the macro "Usr_Rpt.mac", for the table, this is nice.

The report is missing many of the information in the standard mode fixed wavelength report, so I will use the custom report I have made.

Regards, Pétur

• Hi Mike

I decided to use macros to imitate the fixed wavelength report in more detail.

Just one thing I want to do but cannot find the right text element name for the job:

In the chemstation uv-vis help it says that there are text elements called ResultsPath and ResultsFileName.

I´m trying to code these text elements into the macro but it is not working.

What is the right text element name for the macro ?  _ResultsPath$ and  _ResultsFileName$ is not recognized.

Any suggestion ?

Regards, Pétur Ari

• Hello Pétur :

The commands are located in the Help section of the software.  There is a tool for creating, debugging, and maintaining ChemStation macro files located in the Utilities folder of the UCL folder on your ChemStation disk.

Regards,

Mike

• Hi

The debugging program does not work with the security pack installed.

In addition, the debugging program is very old, is the work of a single programmer and has not been updated in years.

Some help available using the registry utility from the utility folder on the disk.

The command line is not accessible with the security pack - unless making changes to the configuration - complicating things further.

The UV-VIS Chemstation software has archaic design and is full of minor bugs and counterintuitive software design/flow/limitations.

As the years go by, it is simply no longer proper sales policy to offer this software with a new instrument.

I strongly urge Agilent to bring the software into modern times with a thorough makeover/update in style with OpenLab Chemstation.

The instrument (Cary 8454 UV-Vis Diode Array system) is very good and deserves better software with it.

Regards, Pétur

Was this helpful?