TrayCell 2.0 Ultra-Microvolume Cell Available for UV-Vis Analysis of Proteins and Nucleic Acids

TrayCell 2.0 Ultra-Microvolume Cell in Cary 60 UV-Vis System

Cary 60/Cary 3500 UV-Vis spectrophotometers with the TrayCell 2.0 Ultra-Microvolume Cell provide a convenient and easy-to-use platform for the analysis of ultra‑microvolume samples of DNA, RNA, and proteins without dilution. In a recently published application note, the photometric performance of the Cary 60 UV-Vis spectrophotometer with the TrayCell 2.0 was demonstrated using Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) and herring sperm DNA samples. Download the application note to read the full story.

Parents
  • Dear  , I would like to check can we use this cuvette (P/N 6610000800) to measure Protein with Cary 60? If we can replace, will the sample preparation is the same like we use with TrayCell 2.0? And for the Detection limit is it the same? Thanks in advance for your response.  

• Hi Sivlin - Apologies for the delay while I was seeking info from my colleagues:

• Yes, it is possible to measure proteins with this cuvette (P/N 6610000800) and the Cary 60 - However, the cuvette requires 2-3 mL of sample volume while the TrayCell 2.0 requires μL.
    • The sample preparation will be identical for the 1cm cuvette and the Traycell 2.0. However, depending on the concentration of the sample, dilution might be required in the 1 cm cell.
    • The exact detection limit is dependent on the sample but the detection limit will be significantly different between the 1 cm cuvette and the TrayCell 2.0 because of the difference in pathlength. The TrayCell 2.0 can be used with different caps, hence, different pathlength, hence different concentration ranges.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Olly

Comment
  • Hi Sivlin - Apologies for the delay while I was seeking info from my colleagues:

• Yes, it is possible to measure proteins with this cuvette (P/N 6610000800) and the Cary 60 - However, the cuvette requires 2-3 mL of sample volume while the TrayCell 2.0 requires μL.
    • The sample preparation will be identical for the 1cm cuvette and the Traycell 2.0. However, depending on the concentration of the sample, dilution might be required in the 1 cm cell.
    • The exact detection limit is dependent on the sample but the detection limit will be significantly different between the 1 cm cuvette and the TrayCell 2.0 because of the difference in pathlength. The TrayCell 2.0 can be used with different caps, hence, different pathlength, hence different concentration ranges.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Olly

Children
Was this helpful?