Qualitative Analysis software

Hello!

I'm new to the MassHunter Qualitative Analysis software and I'm hoping someone can help me to understand some information. After matching the compounds with the existing library/database, the compound information is presented under the "Compounds List" tab. What is the meaning of the numbers in the "Score" column? Is there a way to find the sample purity or composition?

Thank you for your help.

Parents
  • Hi  ,

The exact calculation for the score depends on the identification algorithm that was used, but the general idea is that a higher score indicates that the compound is a good match based on specific parameters.  If you manually identify a compound, the score would show as 100.

The method editor will show which algorithm(s) are used in a specific workflow. I'd direct you to the Qual help section for the specific calculation details for a library (Lib) match, a Molecular Formula Generation (MFG) match , and a Database (DB) match as each score is a different composite of factors depending on the algorithm(s) used. Some of the help sections that you might find helpful are "Scoring", "Identification >…", and "Scoring Tab…" Pushing F1 will bring up context-specific Help sections as well.

There is a Sample Purity workflow (for MS and/or UV and ADC data) that allows you to use the Find by Formula Compound Mining algorithm to calculate a percent number for identified compounds. These compounds can be identified based on a known chemical formula, a compound match or confirmed by peptide sequence or mass.

• Hi  ,

The exact calculation for the score depends on the identification algorithm that was used, but the general idea is that a higher score indicates that the compound is a good match based on specific parameters.  If you manually identify a compound, the score would show as 100.

The method editor will show which algorithm(s) are used in a specific workflow. I'd direct you to the Qual help section for the specific calculation details for a library (Lib) match, a Molecular Formula Generation (MFG) match , and a Database (DB) match as each score is a different composite of factors depending on the algorithm(s) used. Some of the help sections that you might find helpful are "Scoring", "Identification >…", and "Scoring Tab…" Pushing F1 will bring up context-specific Help sections as well.

There is a Sample Purity workflow (for MS and/or UV and ADC data) that allows you to use the Find by Formula Compound Mining algorithm to calculate a percent number for identified compounds. These compounds can be identified based on a known chemical formula, a compound match or confirmed by peptide sequence or mass.

Children
Was this helpful?