Add GC/MS acquisition parameters to header of chromatogram print in ChemStation

We are printing chromatograms with MSD ChemStation F.01.03.2357. We need the method instrument conditions to appear on the document like the oven temperature program. Currenty, just the method name appears, in the header and we manually add the method parameters later.

I have edited headerconfig.ini to include the instrument ID on Area Percent Reports. I can't find the variables that refer to acquisition items like Inlet Temperature, Oven Ramp Rate, etc. I would have to add the information to the chromatogram header, which I think is also in headerconfig.ini, but I'm not sure where.

There have to be others out there with the need to show acquisition parameters on chromatograms or other reports generated. I'd be very thankful to know how they accomplished it.

Thank you,
Joe Pompei

Parents Reply Children
  • Ron,
    Thank you for the response.  I appreciate your time.

You are correct.  The information I want is located in the acqmeth.txt file.  The temperatures and ramp rates are clearly right there for the taking.  There is another file, GC.ini, that also contains this information.  It even appears in variable form, for example, "oven.T.ramp=80,60,0,24,340,2", which I think I could work with.  

The challenge, I have, is how do I get ChemStation to pull those values and incorporate them into the header of my chromatogram.  Is this possible without writing a macro?  

I hope the attached image will help illustrate my goal.  

Again, thank you so much for any assistance.  Header example

• This normally done by modifying an existing macro or writing a new macro.

• Yep.  I just knew that was going to be the answer. 

The custom report builder didn't work out either.  
    I suppose I could find/copy the macro that generates the chromatogram (which calls the headerconfig.ini), modify it, and add a custom tool to ChemStation to run/print it.  Not sure I have enough experience to create it from scratch.  On the plus side, I may also be able to incorporate a company logo as a bonus.  
    Thanks for your help.  

Was this helpful?