Blank substraction of a recovery sample

Hello all,

I hope this question wasn´t asked before and I was too stupid to find it.

We are running a recovery sample (standards and internal standards in matrix and progressed the same as the samples) and control standards (standards and internal standards in solvent) with all our calibration and samples as quality control. For the control standards and the calibration we use the "accuracy" outlier to show us if the massurment is accurate enough, because our specification is a percentage range +/- 15% so 85-115%. For the Recovery sample we have other specifications: 60-120%. For that I found the "QC LCS Recovery"-outlier that uses the Info LCSA or LCSB and is shown in the "Matrix spike % Recovery" column (the red outlier in the picture below). There you dont have to use a range but min and max %. Because the recovery sample is prepared in the Matrix we want to substract the blank from the result. Our problem is that QC´s are not effected by the blank substraction. Is there any way to do so? Maybe the "Matrix spike recovery"-outlier could help but I could not make it work. I hope my question is clear and I hope someone can help me. 

jjj

Thanks in advance and best regards

Simon Redlich

Was this helpful?