There was no a linear calibration when running MassHunter in the demo mode

Hi everyone,

I've been running ICPMS MassHunter in demo mode. I created a batch and run the calibration.

However, my results of the calibration are not linear lines. They are straight lines with increasing concentrations I already set up, but the intensity is zero. I think this is because I just run the software in the demo mode with no real samples. Is there anyone having experience in running the MassHunter in demo mode?

Could you give me some advice or explanation?

Thank you in advance.

Parents
  • Hi

it is because demo mode, demo mode is to be familiar with the software

you cant get peak area when no thing is injected in reality

if you want further training in Quant you can open and batck demo data whick is already exists in your Quant flash memory 

• Hi Mohammad,

Thank you very much for your answer.

From your answer, I understand that when I run a batch in the demo version, there is no peak area because the batch is virtual, and there are no real solutions injected.

I tried to run Fe with different isotopes 54, 56, 57, and 58. The Ge 72 isotope is the internal element.

I did not see the peak areas of Fe 57, 58, and Ge 72. However, there still have intensities of Fe56. 

So, could you please explain to me why the intensities of Fe 56 still appear even though I just run a virtual batch?

Thank you very much.

• Hi Mohammad,

Thank you very much for your answer.

From your answer, I understand that when I run a batch in the demo version, there is no peak area because the batch is virtual, and there are no real solutions injected.

I tried to run Fe with different isotopes 54, 56, 57, and 58. The Ge 72 isotope is the internal element.

I did not see the peak areas of Fe 57, 58, and Ge 72. However, there still have intensities of Fe56. 

So, could you please explain to me why the intensities of Fe 56 still appear even though I just run a virtual batch?

Thank you very much.

Children
Was this helpful?