MassHunter Quant Software Qualifier Setup version B.09.00

I'm new to using this version of MassHunter and I am having trouble with getting the qualifier setup. On an older version I have for my other GC, I typically just have to enter in the 3 highest peak m/z values but for this version I need a precursor and product ion. I haven't seen that terminology before so I'm not quite sure what to enter for either of those values. The user manual has not been particularly helpful either. 

Anybody know what is meant by precursor and product ion?

Parents
  • Hi ,

Precursor and product ions are used when setting up triple quad MRM methods. It sounds like you may have launched the wrong desktop icon. If you choose the MS Quantitative Analysis icon you should see the more familiar method setup where you only need to enter MZ. 

If that icon is not available then you can go to the Start menu, and under Agilent MassHunter Quantitative open the Quantitative Analysis Tools item and then run Setup Desktop Icons and add the icon for MS (single quadrupole).

• Hi ,

Precursor and product ions are used when setting up triple quad MRM methods. It sounds like you may have launched the wrong desktop icon. If you choose the MS Quantitative Analysis icon you should see the more familiar method setup where you only need to enter MZ. 

If that icon is not available then you can go to the Start menu, and under Agilent MassHunter Quantitative open the Quantitative Analysis Tools item and then run Setup Desktop Icons and add the icon for MS (single quadrupole).

Children
Was this helpful?