MassHunter Qualitative Analysis Opens Files Very Slowly

Hello,

I am using the MassHunter Qualitative Analysis software to look at data files from our HPLC/QTOF-MS system. Every time I try to open a file, the software takes several minutes to actually open it. Sometimes the software will stop responding or even crash. This is very frustrating when trying to compare a bunch of files. Our hard drive is nowhere near full - could it be we need to upgrade the computer we're using? We're using the computer that was provided when the instrument was installed. Would adding more RAM help resolve the issue?

Thanks!

• Hi ,

I apologize for the delayed response. I have tested a few things on some of my systems and from what I can find, at least for the data sets I have, opening the files appears to mostly consume CPU time. With 8gb of RAM task manager never shows me using more than 5-6 gb even when opening a file with over 1000 compounds. There is disk I/O occurring, but no large sustained bursts. 

While adding more memory never hurts I would also suggest doing the usual windows disk cleanup and defragmentation tasks. Make certain that you do not have Run Method Workflow or File Open Actions enabled to avoid reprocessing on loading. 

Let us know what you find.

Was this helpful?