RE: How do I see library retention indices in MassHunter Unknowns B10?

I am using the NIST17.L library, but I am missing the RI-information. When I open my NIST17.L-file (Open library...), there is no RI-information included. Also, RI is not used for matching. The RT match is working just fine with my xml-Library, that I have created myself. Is there something wrong with my NIST17.L-file or is there a trick to get this working?

Parents
  • Hi nbohni,

I have a couple of clarifying questions. Do you see a Retention Index column in your NIST17.L library? If not, try right-clicking in the red box indicated in the screenshot below and choose "Columns" to add the Retention Index. If the column is already selected, is the field blank for all of the listed compounds?

Did you specify a RT Calibration file in Library Method?

• I just found out, there is something wrong with the NIST17.L library I got three years ago from one of the official distributors of NIST software. They say, as the new NIST20 is out now, they can not get a repaired version of NIST17.L from Agilent anymore. They told me the only solution is to buy the upgrade. Can you confirm? (This is a very unfortunate situation, especially given the high price of a NIST-upgrade.)

• I just found out, there is something wrong with the NIST17.L library I got three years ago from one of the official distributors of NIST software. They say, as the new NIST20 is out now, they can not get a repaired version of NIST17.L from Agilent anymore. They told me the only solution is to buy the upgrade. Can you confirm? (This is a very unfortunate situation, especially given the high price of a NIST-upgrade.)

Children
Was this helpful?