Report Builder Version 10.1 vs. 10.2

Dear all,

Recently, I have created a Report Template for Report Builder 10.1. It works fine with MH Quant Version 10.0.

Last month, we got an additional LC/MS System  working with MH Qant 10.1 and ReportBuilder Version 10.2.

I would like to use the generated template for the new system, too.

I have copied the template in the respective folder and tried to generate a report with data obtained with the new instrument.

Unfortunately, it does not work. I get an error message: "error: the document has no pages"

How can I use the template on the new instrument? Are there any tricks here, or isnt it possible?

Thanks and best regards,

Simse

Parents
  • Hello ,

While most report templates can maintain forward compatibly across minor revision updates there are some cases where a particular feature or binding may need to be edited or updated before it can be used in a newer revision.

The first thing I would do is verify that report generation is working with Report Builder templates on the new system. Try using the latest version of the shipping template that you based your custom report on just to make certain there is not some deeper issue with report generation or your new batch.

If that is successful then try to open a copy of the old report template in the newer software's revision of Report Builder and then save it from that version and see if that resolves the issue.

Let us know what you find.

• Hello ,

While most report templates can maintain forward compatibly across minor revision updates there are some cases where a particular feature or binding may need to be edited or updated before it can be used in a newer revision.

The first thing I would do is verify that report generation is working with Report Builder templates on the new system. Try using the latest version of the shipping template that you based your custom report on just to make certain there is not some deeper issue with report generation or your new batch.

If that is successful then try to open a copy of the old report template in the newer software's revision of Report Builder and then save it from that version and see if that resolves the issue.

Let us know what you find.

Children
Was this helpful?