Why is "controller stop automation request" terminating my runs?

Right when the run is starting, the worklist stops and the message comes up "G7167A:DEACI00598 - Controller stop automation request, G1316A:DEAES40596 - Controller stop automation request". The corresponding devices do not show the red error light, but the yellow not ready light. This is for an Agilent 1260 Infinity II system.

• I'm guessing this is running on MassHunter since a worklist was mentioned? What version?

What version of firmware are on the LC modules?

What does the logbook in Lab Advisor show?

Make sure the firmware is all the same.

In the past a forced cold start to all connected modules helped.  

And what module is it pointing to?  Look at the errors in Lab Advisor as well.  I have another example where the error pointed to the DAD and it was a bad DAD heater at the cooling fan.

• This question has been marked as assumed answered.

• I have seen this error occur when a module is turned on and connected via CAN cable, but not in the configuration in OpenLAB ChemStation (and I believe would hold true for MassHunter as well). If that "extra" module is Not Ready, it will stop the running of an analysis. All of the configured modules may be Ready, but this "unknown" Not Ready signal is what stops the run from beginning. Because the module is not in the configuration, OpenLAB ChemStation is not recording anything useful from the "ghost" module. So be sure to turn off any module not in your configuration. Explained another way, be sure that your instrument configuration accurately reflects what is turned on and connected.

This was found by checking in Lab Advisor and noticing an extra module there not found in the Configuration.

Was this helpful?