How to make vial location blank in the chemstation

HI, 

I created an new method for cleaning up the column in the chemsation but I have an  issue which is that a sample injector is tuned on when the method is started.     I want to turn the sample injector off and was told that I needed to make the Viral Location blank in the chemstation in order to deactivate the sample injector in my column cleaning method.   However,  I can't quite locate  the Viral Location in the chemstation.   I'd greatly appreciate any help.  

Thanks. 

Parents
  • I just wanted to follow-up to see if this issue is resolved. If so, please come back to the post and click Verify Answer on the best response so it will make the solution more visible. If you still need help, just let us know and we would be happy to continue working with you.

• sorry about the late replay.  We can start a method without activating an injector but we have an new issue.  

I set up the grdient column cleaning method as in the figure attachment, and I did not see %Pump solvent ratio  lines crossing in the instrument window hours after running the method.  I was told that you might not see the %Pump solvent ratio lines would not change at all. This is what I am trying to figure out.  

Thanks.

• It sounds like you are loading this method but not running it.

How are you starting this method?  You need to start the method as a line in the sequence with no vial number or to run a single sample again with no vial location specified, with this method loaded.  For the latter option, open the Sample Info window from the Run Control menu, clear the vial location and click the Run Method button.

Kind regards

Andy

• Hi Andy, 

I start the method by clicking the RunMethod button, but I still don't see two line cross.  When I change the Y scale, I notice that the position of line does not change but % composition on the scale change. In short,  on the OnlinePlot window,  5% Water and 95% ACN lines overlap and don't change over gradient period but we noticed that amount of Water and ACN in bottles do decrease over time (more water than ACN), suggesting the gradient is forming.  

Thanks. 

Aki

• Hi Andy, 

I start the method by clicking the RunMethod button, but I still don't see two line cross.  When I change the Y scale, I notice that the position of line does not change but % composition on the scale change. In short,  on the OnlinePlot window,  5% Water and 95% ACN lines overlap and don't change over gradient period but we noticed that amount of Water and ACN in bottles do decrease over time (more water than ACN), suggesting the gradient is forming.  

Thanks. 

Aki

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?