Delay volume calibration for the open-bed fraction collector G7159B

I am trying to calibrate the delay volume for the G7159B fraction collector. I clicked on the "perform delay calibration run" in the ChemStation software, following the instructions given in www.agilent.com/.../G7159BUser.pd. It goes successfully through all the steps. I then  select "Start calibration run" and waited for about 10 min. Nothing seemed to be happening. The standard sample was not being injected. Could anyone suggest what I could be doing wrong.

I have also tried to use Lab advisor (version B.02.12) but it does not give the chance to select the autosampler, only manual injection.

• In lab advisor, the injector should be coming up automatically if it is seen in the instrument configuration. Maybe if you open the drop down you will see the correct sampler? In chemstation, you need to create a method for doing the delay volume calibration. Typical conditions can be used: 1mL/min, 1uL, no temperature needed in MCT, 310 nm. The default method parameters can be used for the FC. I assume that the method you are using currently probably isn't doing an injection.

• It turns out there was an issue with the sequence I had loaded. Once I had fixed that the calibration run went fine and finished successfully. I did not realise the calibration needed a method and sequence to run Blush

Was this helpful?