FLD Flow Cell Pathlength (G1321-60005)

Hello,

I am using a G1321-60005 flow cell in a G1321B FLD detector. I was wondering if I might get information on the pathlengths for the light entering and exiting the cell? I have an application where I would like to apply inner filter corrections to the data.

Thanks!

Stacey

Parents
  • Hello Stacey,

If I understand you correctly, you are asking for the distances between the EX grating to the cell and from the cell to the EM grating, correct?  We don't have those distances specified.  The term "pathlength" is used to define the distance of the light path within a flow cell and only relevant to UV flow cells to compensate for signal responses between flow cells with different path lengths because of Beer-Lambert law.  There are no specifications for cell pathlength in FL since they don't follow Beer-Lambert's Law.

• Hello Stacey,

If I understand you correctly, you are asking for the distances between the EX grating to the cell and from the cell to the EM grating, correct?  We don't have those distances specified.  The term "pathlength" is used to define the distance of the light path within a flow cell and only relevant to UV flow cells to compensate for signal responses between flow cells with different path lengths because of Beer-Lambert law.  There are no specifications for cell pathlength in FL since they don't follow Beer-Lambert's Law.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?