Agilent 1100 pressure fluctuations only when using a mixture of solvents

Hi everyone,

I have been pressure fluctuations when mixing two solvents.  If either solvent is used 100%, I have no issues.  As soon as I attempt to use the system to automatically mix solvents, I experience pressure fluctuations. I am under the impression that this is the MCGV.  Is that correct?  Is there anything I can do, or is it a matter of replacing it?

Thanks,

Joel

Parents
  • Hi, 

What's the model of the degasser?  If it's an Agilent and it's not functioning, the status light will be red.  The G1322A has 11ml in each chamber and should be sufficient to thoroughly degas while the G1379A/B has ~1ml.  For the G1379 degassers I have seen where the 2 channels are used for each solvent so the exit of water will go into the another channel before going to the pump.  You can try that if you have that model.

One thing you can do is make sure you filter your solvent first by vacuum and in doing so, it will also begin the degassing process. 

• Hi, 

What's the model of the degasser?  If it's an Agilent and it's not functioning, the status light will be red.  The G1322A has 11ml in each chamber and should be sufficient to thoroughly degas while the G1379A/B has ~1ml.  For the G1379 degassers I have seen where the 2 channels are used for each solvent so the exit of water will go into the another channel before going to the pump.  You can try that if you have that model.

One thing you can do is make sure you filter your solvent first by vacuum and in doing so, it will also begin the degassing process. 

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?