G1364F skipping collection vials

Hi all, 

I'm using a 1260 LC/MSD and triggering fraction collection on selected masses. This appears to be working correctly, but I've started seeing an odd behavior with the collector. I'll enter a vial position for collection to start in, but at the beginning of the run the needle will choose a different one (for example, I select D1, it starts in D4), and then once collection starts, it will collect in non-consecutive vials for no reason I can find. For example, one run collected consecutive volumes of a single peak into D4, D6, E9, F12/3/4/5. This has occurred on several runs, not generally into the same wells, once resulting in 'collection' onto the floor of the FRC, as I'd only loaded a single rack of vials and it 'ran out' of spots after skipping almost all the available vials. 

If anyone has advice on this issue, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Parents
  • Hello,

Not sure what software you are using, but I would suggest to try and make a sequence from scratch and avoid using a sequence template or pre existing sequence. That way you will know if the issue is that file being corrupted. You might also want to look into your method, especially if it is new, to confirm everything is right and if it is and the sequence from scratch does not work, perhaps remaking the method from scratch and then making a new sequence again with that new method.

• Hello,

Not sure what software you are using, but I would suggest to try and make a sequence from scratch and avoid using a sequence template or pre existing sequence. That way you will know if the issue is that file being corrupted. You might also want to look into your method, especially if it is new, to confirm everything is right and if it is and the sequence from scratch does not work, perhaps remaking the method from scratch and then making a new sequence again with that new method.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?