I have been researching and trying to find a way to reconnect my HPLC to my computer for my graduate Lab. I have an Agilent 1100 Series HPLC. The system was taken down and put in storage while the lab underwent a remodel. We now have to put it back together.
Stack + Software Information:
- ChemStation A.09.01 12-Dec- 2001
- BinPump G1312A
- Degasser G1379A
- COLCOM G1376A
- DAD G1315B contains a JetDirect J4100A
- WPALS G1367A
- We also have an 1100 Series LC/MSD G1946D
- Agilent Interface 35900E Contains a JetDirect J4100A
- Lastly, a Waters Model 214, from what I can tell this functions as a VWD?
Problem: When I plug in the cable from the DAD JetDirect into the back of the computer the CAG Bootp Server does not register anything and a MAC address does not show up.
- I do see the equipment in CAG Bootp under configure > Bootp Manager.
- I have tried modifying it to the default IP address 192.168.254.11 with a Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0. However, this does nothing even after power cycling.
- I have also tried pinging the IP address in Telnet, in addition to power cycling the DAD [This is what the installation manual said to do].
- I have noticed that on the back of the DAD module the JetDirect LEDs do not light up when the module is powered on and connected to the computer, the same thing is true for the Agilent Interface 35900E JetDirect.
I am wondering if the JetDirect Cards are broken? Or if this is some other sort of software issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.