condensate in multisampler?

I have a new 1290 multisampler G7167b which was installed in January.  I am just now having problems maintaining the cooler temperature.  I have it set to 4 degrees C but it keeps generating too much condensation.  I have to keep clearing the lines.  I'm sure this is due to the warmer temperatures we are experiencing.  Is there a recommended temperature to maintain our cooler so that not as much condensate will be generated?  Ideally I would like to maintain a refrigerated temperature however I don't want to be clearing the lines each time.  This last time, I had to wick away the moisture from the autosampler itself in order for the cooler to start coming down in temperature.   

Thanks,

Nikki

Parents
  • as cpevans said,

The lines coming out of the cooler needs to have no kinks and no pinches as well as always going downward. You do not want the line to go upward or horizontally since that is a possible place where it can condensate. So I would make sure that the waste line is always going down. Also, make sure you have the Y connector at the cooler to have the little vent tube as well (should have a part going up and the other part of the Y going into the cooler.

Sometimes your cooler will not be able to reach 4 degrees and it seems that you do not have condensate. In that case, you might have frost inside. So in those cases we suggest you go to higher temperature (30 if possible, room temperature if not) overnight and then the next day try to go back to 4 degrees. Normally overnight, the frost will be gone and the cooler should be able to reach 4 degrees again.

hope this helps

• as cpevans said,

The lines coming out of the cooler needs to have no kinks and no pinches as well as always going downward. You do not want the line to go upward or horizontally since that is a possible place where it can condensate. So I would make sure that the waste line is always going down. Also, make sure you have the Y connector at the cooler to have the little vent tube as well (should have a part going up and the other part of the Y going into the cooler.

Sometimes your cooler will not be able to reach 4 degrees and it seems that you do not have condensate. In that case, you might have frost inside. So in those cases we suggest you go to higher temperature (30 if possible, room temperature if not) overnight and then the next day try to go back to 4 degrees. Normally overnight, the frost will be gone and the cooler should be able to reach 4 degrees again.

hope this helps

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?