condensate in multisampler?

I have a new 1290 multisampler G7167b which was installed in January.  I am just now having problems maintaining the cooler temperature.  I have it set to 4 degrees C but it keeps generating too much condensation.  I have to keep clearing the lines.  I'm sure this is due to the warmer temperatures we are experiencing.  Is there a recommended temperature to maintain our cooler so that not as much condensate will be generated?  Ideally I would like to maintain a refrigerated temperature however I don't want to be clearing the lines each time.  This last time, I had to wick away the moisture from the autosampler itself in order for the cooler to start coming down in temperature.   

Thanks,

Nikki

Parents
  • I think the amount of condensate produced is just down to the way the multisampler cooler works - and you're probably right that an increased lab temperature will lead to more condensate.

In terms of keeping the lines clear, the engineer that installed our systems made it clear that the lines must be absolutely straight, with no kinks (where condensate could gather), and the container it drips into must be regularly emptied. We've had problems before where the liquid level reaches the end of the line, which seems to affect the performance of the cooler. We were cooling down to 4 °C so really pushing the instrument. If your samples can handle a bit warmer I've found 10 °C generates quite a lot less condensate.

• I think the amount of condensate produced is just down to the way the multisampler cooler works - and you're probably right that an increased lab temperature will lead to more condensate.

In terms of keeping the lines clear, the engineer that installed our systems made it clear that the lines must be absolutely straight, with no kinks (where condensate could gather), and the container it drips into must be regularly emptied. We've had problems before where the liquid level reaches the end of the line, which seems to affect the performance of the cooler. We were cooling down to 4 °C so really pushing the instrument. If your samples can handle a bit warmer I've found 10 °C generates quite a lot less condensate.

Children
No Data
Was this helpful?